Court of Protection Solicitors

Where an individual has lost the mental capacity to make decisions, it may be necessary to appoint a deputy (previously called a ‘Receiver’) to act on their behalf. This person can be a family member, a close friend or a professional such as a solicitor.

Appointing a Deputy

Appointing a Deputy workflow

The procedure involves the proposed Deputy completing an application form to send to the Court of Protection. The application also requires the professional opinion of a medical practitioner.


Additionally, statutory Will applications can also be made through the Court of Protection. These may be necessary where the individual’s Will is out of date or non-existent. The Court will need to authorise alteration or creation of a Will for a person who lacks the capacity.

Jobling Gowler is able to offer a thorough and practical approach to all Court of Protection applications. We will provide you at the outset with full details of the Court costs and our fees. We will provide you with impartial advice. Additionally, we can offer flexible appointment times, including home or hospital visits where required.

Where no one else is available to act as a Deputy for a person, our solicitors are able to apply to the Court of Protection for an order appointing them as a professional Deputy for that person.

If you wish to discuss a Court of Protection applications, then Jobling Gowler offer a free initial consultation to discuss the issues involved and the expected legal costs.

Please call our expert Solicitors on 01625 614250 or complete the enquiries form below:

Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners