Frequently Asked Questions
How much is my claim worth?
For many we know that pursuing a claim is not always about financial compensation. No amount of money can compensate for the acute suffering endured by both the individual and their family. However bringing a medical negligence claim is necessary to secure the funds for on-going expert treatment and care.
For all clinical negligence claims it is impossible to accurately assess its value until we have obtained the necessary medical evidence and taken into account your particular circumstances. For example the severity of the injury, the recovery period and the required treatment all have an effect on the value of the case. If the injury has impacted on your ability to work and look after yourself this affects how much you as the claimant could be awarded.
You are invited for a free initial no obligation consultation with an expert solicitor during which we can discuss the particular circumstances of your potential claim.
Although not definitive, we aim from the outset to give you our assessment of how successful your claim is likely to be; so that you can plan for the future.
How much will it cost?
We know from experience that the cost of funding a serious personal injury claim is one of the greatest concerns for new clients. You are invited for a free initial no obligation consultation with an expert solicitor during which we can discuss the particular circumstances of your potential claim.
We will advise you fully on the funding options available to you and the one that is most suitable for you. We are able to offer a number of different payment schemes to our Clinical Negligence clients. Some of the schemes that we use to help people fund their claims include: legal aid, legal expense insurance, conditional fee agreement and private funding.
We offer a FREE complaints writing service for all our clients ensuring that from the outset your matter is handled in an expert and professional manner.
What kind of claims do you specialise in?
Our clinical negligence team at Jobling Gowler has over the years developed particular specialisms in the following types of injuries:
- Birth Injury
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Injury
- Unnecessary Amputations
- Delays in Diagnosis
- Items being retained in the body following surgery
- Pharmaceutical Errors
- GP Errors
- Surgical Errors
- Private Healthcare Errors
- Unnecessary fatalities
Why should I instruct Jobling Gowler as my Clinical Negligence Solicitor?
- Jobling Gowler are proven and trusted expert clinical negligence solicitors.
- All Clinical Negligence claims are handled throughout by a qualified solicitor. All our solicitors have over ten years’ specialist Clinical Negligence experience.
- We are accredited with the Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel and have membership of the Society for Clinical Injury Lawyers (SCIL) and the Action against Medical Accidents Charity (AvMA)- the UK charity for patient safety and justice.
- We are recommended in both the Legal 500 and Chambers Legal Directory for the quality and expertise of our clinical negligence work. Two of our Clinical Negligence Lawyers are specifically identified and recommended as being leaders in their field.
- We routinely exceed our clients’ expectations, both in terms of the level of service they receive and the overall outcome of the claim. This results in a high level of client recommendations.