Caring for Vulnerable Adults

As we grow older many of us worry about how our affairs will be managed should we become unable to look after them ourselves. Whether you’re concerned about yourself or a family member, we can help.

A Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) allows you to appoint someone you trust to make decisions on your behalf. This role of ‘Attorney’ can be undertaken by a family member, a friend or a solicitor.

Our specialist team of solicitors are able to set up an LPA for you if you are concerned about not being able to make decisions for yourself in the future. We are also experienced at acting as an Attorney for our clients. We will take the time to understand your priorities, and will ensure efficient management of your finances, from arranging payment of bills and care home fees to assisting with the administration and investment of your other assets.

If you would rather not visit us at our offices we are able to visit you at home, or in hospital at a time that is mutually convenient. Where we are acting on your behalf we will ensure that we stay in regular contact to make sure that you are well looked after.

If you need advice in relation to investments or any other financial matters, such as care home fee planning, we can put you in touch with a number of independent financial advisors. They are regulated by the Financial Services Authority to give financial advice. As solicitors regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority we are not able to give financial advice. We can work alongside the financial advisors to ensure that your legal needs are met based on the financial advice you have received. We will ensure that you have the right documents in place, whether you’re living at home or elsewhere.

To many of our elderly and vulnerable clients, particularly those living alone, being able to rely on us to assist with their finances relieves them of considerable anxiety. It you or a family member would like to discuss how we could offer you this peace of mind, please contact us on 01625 614 250 or via

Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners