When there is a dispute involving inheritance and the validity of a Will, it is called Contentious Probate.
Solicitors providing a dedicated contentious probate service are rare. Our experienced Wills, Trusts and Probate Team, provide sound and sympathetic assistance whilst also drawing upon the firm’s considerable knowledge and expertise in complex litigation matters. These two areas of law combine in contentious probate matters. Both areas of expertise can be found at Jobling Gowler Solicitors.
Areas of Dispute
Jobling Gowler’s Wills, Probate & Tax Department can assist you with the following range of contentious probate matters:
- Claims that the Will did not make sufficient provision under the Inheritance Act 1975 (as amended). (This sets out who can claim and what they might reasonably expect to receive)
- Disputed wills relating to:
- The capacity of the person making the Will;
- Allegations of undue influence;
- Invalid procedure or fraud;
- Negligently drafted wills and professional negligence claims.
- Disputed Powers of Attorney
- Disputes involving Executors or Trustees
Mediation and other types of alternative dispute resolution have an important role to play in settling contentious probate claims. Jobling Gowler have experience of successfully mediated contentious probate claims which can offer the parties an opportunity of fully airing their grievances without destroying family relationships and avoiding the need for lengthy proceedings. The cost of mediation or Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) is not cheap but they are generally lower than if the matter proceeded to a fully contested trial. All parties involved in contentious probate claims wish to ensure that the estate monies are not spent largely on legal costs.
If you wish to discuss a contentious probate claim please contact Paul Clark today for a free initial appointment. During this appointment we will discuss your particular circumstances and will seek from the outset to give you a full understanding of the likely legal costs involved.
Please call 01625 614250 or email email@example.com